Friday, December 1, 2023

Technology in my society

 Blog 12

              My Relationship with Technology

     Technology  nowadays determines how in our life you are from society 's expectations and I started to consume minutes, hours and even almost a whole day in technology. I noticed  that I don't follow the stereotypical ideas and views  in life as others have shaped our society,

      We are the ones that determine  how technology  affects us  as a  society and individuals. The relationship with technology nowadays is stated from a young age, and for me I was no other exception. When I was around the age of 12 I remember being asked why don't you watch television and use  the computer  like the other kids. For me I have always preferred to be in nature playing outside. Not finding the attraction  that others had for the internet and the new technology that had risen. 

    Until I was  in middle school I was alway more lenient to the idea that technology consumes people's lives since I started to notice that kids  no longer liked to play outside. My mentality started to change as I was feeling behind in my surroundings and society.The poor  knowledge that I had on technology made me feel left out; and that was when I started to use and ask for a personal  phone and computer .



                                                        This contains an image of: Mental Health issues: Refinery 29
  


From a young age kids, teenagers   and even  adults are affected by what is shown  in the  technology of the present. On the internet we can see all over the midea comments and opinions which shape the perfect life, perfect  body, perfect family, and perfect action. I started to compare what I had and how I looked, drowning myself with the perfect image that in reality doesn't exist.



    But in reality there is no perfect thing as A perfect person in their perfect life, and with the public  self only shown in technology you can't tell if it's true what is shown on the screen.



    I dont think im accepted in the society, and I dont think im the perfect person, but I have fallen in the loop, of showing the best in the internet, being really careful of  not showing something that can  be taken out  of place in a sense  that  my opinion, and how  im view  by other create a wrong perspective of my true self.


When i was younger I wanted to follow all the trends on the internet, the propaganda I would say no longer works on mehow it used to. I have chosen  to be myself and do my best to  be myself and respect and show all my values. Technology has shown me how easily people follow things to not fall behind and  not be looked down upon often forgetting their true self..


                                                   



    Not  only the effects of technology effect yourself but also your surroundings. I really think friends and family can also  be  affected by technology and the internet. Technology has been a  huge part of  family and friendships all around the  world have been reunited and clicked with each other again.

    Technology is Good but it depends on how it is used, and  sometimes technology can push families apart. Isolating ourself from family just because we. want to be on the phone, in reality being an-addiction





I believe that it can  lead relationships to either  get closer or fall apart.With the growth of media and apps trends and waves  of new  rules  created by users sometimes you start to compare yourself to others.

Example  of this in with the use of TikTok Instagram, being the apps must used  around the world.While  trend come  in different type of ways there are some  that reach a target demographic  which is focus o relationship build up because they can find a way to spend time together because of the technology. The other half that compare and take everything negative due to the constant comparing between themself with the others.

From diferrent types of content everything is keep in the technology web because of the

Footprint technology, allowing all data to identify the activity of the user in different places.



Story pin image

With this your personal online presence can be found in different ways. Being an Athlete, artist, teacher, university, brand can be  found within technology.For me I  can say I have an online presence.  I personally  don't  add to myself  in the Google but I can be find. Learn things and a perspective that people might have of me .Learning that I'm A student athlete, from Puerto Rico being an image of Sport in a way that, is all you see from me. And i really like it because I know in a future I will be able to keep some memories with me in technology even if the time pass

While sometimes I think I have a relationship with technology, the reality is that technology haves a relationship with me !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology in my society

 Blog 12               My Relationship with Technology        Technology  nowadays determines how in our life you are from society 's e...